Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My tiny teacher

I am in the kitchen, reheating soup from the freezer and handing the toddler quartered grape tomatoes in her high chair to keep her from screaming.

BG comes in, holding the marble notebook I gave her.

"Mommy,  can I write in my journal?"

Pause. "Yes! Yes, of course. " I hand her a pen.

"I haven't written in a while."

"I ... Me neither."

"I just have to work in my poetry. I'm going to be a famous writer, so I do my very best each day."

"That's wonderful honey. Keep working hard."

OKAY TINY PREACHY MIRROR, I HEAR YOU.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. She is adorable, and I love that you gave her a journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kiddos are our mirrors, aren't they? They show us our innermost desires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how our children are our mirrors! She's darling.

    ReplyDelete