Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My not so surprising one word

I had no intention of writing a one word post. I mean, I already wrote about how I feel about the New Year, and I don't think I could be any more clear that what I am looking for is peace and purpose. So I was done, and I was ready to go about the business of living the new year without any more ado.

But my words had different ideas.

Every time I read a one word post from someone else, and tried to comment on it, I heard one thing in the back of my head.

Kindness.

And then finally one day, "Kindness, DUMMY."

Oh. (Although you're kind of missing the point there, self.)

I've been searching for purpose, searching everywhere except apparently my own brain and heart. There is little doubt in my mind now that kindness is my purpose.

And so 2012 will be the year of kindness. Kindness in all things, no matter how small they may be. Because in the end, that's all that truly matters.

And maybe, just maybe if I'm brave enough, kindness to myself.

3 comments:

  1. Once again I just have to tell you how much I love this post and the idea behind it. What a great idea . . . making 2012 the year of kindness.

    I truly wish for you that you find the strength to treat yourself with the sort of kindness that you have shown me since we first "met". Big squishy virtual hugs to you my dear and may 2012 be your best year yet!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post a lot. Sometimes I make things more complicated and think I have to do big things to make a difference and have purpose. But, you reminded me that a simple intention to be kind can make a big difference in the world.

    Also, I follow you on twitter but I am not sure if you can see my comments to you unless you follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly one of the kindest people I've "met." You don't have to work hard to be kind to others. But yes, kindness to self...that's a hard one. I'll help you keep that in check. I'll kick your butt if you're not kind to yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete