I struggle a lot with knowing what the right thing to do is, and knowing whether I did the right thing after. It causes me a lot of anxiety, and often stops me from accomplishing anything, in turn leaving me even more frustrated and overwhelmed. So my new motto for the week is: The best thing to do is Something.
And with that in mind, I did all this right.
- I emptied my dishwasher and tidied up my kitchen, getting the flat surfaces mostly cleared off.
- I put on an audiobook and folded two loads of laundry.
- When my baby insisted on being held, I held her.
- When my toddler said "No butter jelly" after asking for it, I didn't freak out. I just put it in a tupperware and got her some yogurt.
- I wrote in my journal, even though I didn't think I had anything to say.
- I'm publishing this blog post without stopping to worry if it's deep or meaningful or Important.