Friday, November 15, 2013

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Me.

Me who?

Me.  You know, me.  Standing on your doorstep.  And therefore, by definition, not phoning it in.


Okay.  As jokes go, that isn't one.  And as posts go, this is only kinda one.

I had a rough day.  A long day.  I wanted to do everything right, to turn the TV off, to be present, to unplug, to go out, to do art, to have me time, to exercise, to read, to write.

The reality is never the same as the fantasy.

We did art.  We got groceries.  We read books.

We also watched TV.  I got kicked.  I got screamed at. I got bathwater dumped on me. I yelled.  I hid online to numb the feelings of how much I couldn't handle all the feelings in my house.  I beat myself up.  I apologized to my kids.  I apologized to myself.

I made it to the end of the day.  And I published a blog post.



 You're welcome.


  NaBloPoMo November 2013

3 comments:

  1. Making it to the end of the day is a won n my book! Hope tomorrow is better. I cried, got screamed at & had some wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. hugs!! Tomorrow will be better. I promise. Glad you continue to blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a day like this last week. I know that I will do better the next day. That is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete