Thursday, February 9, 2012

11 questions

The beautiful Robin from Farewell Stranger tagged me with these 11 questions, and to be honest it scared the crap out of me. I mean, I felt beyond honored that she'd think of me, but she made it pretty hard to crawl into a hole and hide, which is kind of my MO. But, she asked wonderful questions. Important questions. And, so, here it is.

What’s your superpower?

My superpower is kindness.

Is that a lame answer? There was also this time in high school when I was convinced I could read people's minds because I always knew who was going to date before they knew themselves. But I guess that's not reading people's minds as much as it is reading their reactions and responses. So I guess my superpower is being aware of people's needs and emotions. Does that count?

What blog do you never miss? (And you can’t say mine because (a) that would be BS and (b) this is not me fishing for compliments.)


If I had to pick one, it would be Rach's blog, Life Ever Since. I love her to pieces, and I make sure to read everything she writes even when I'm not as great a commenter as she is.

If I got to pick two, I would include Farewell stranger. And that's not BS, so there. :-P

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?


Actually, I kind of like my name. I suppose if I had to pick another name, I like Emily. Which you all now know is not my name.

Do you consider yourself a “blogger” or a “writer”?


It's hard for me to think of myself as either. Most days, I just think of myself as someone who has a blog. My whole life I have wanted to be a writer. I think all the time about how much I "want to be" a writer.

What was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?


This one was really hard for me. I haven't really failed a lot. But I haven't failed a lot because I don't do things I'm not good at. I don't take risks.

So, I guess that's my biggest failure. That I've never tried. And I guess I'm still learning from that one.

What’s the most embarrassing song in your collection?

I'm honestly not that into music. But I guess if we dig back far enough, does Alanis Morisette's "You oughta know" count?

Are you shy?

Painfully, breathtakingly shy.

How do you prioritize yourself in your own life?

Somewhere below my family and friends, but somewhere above vacuuming my carpets. This is a work in progress.

Where do you stand on chocolate?

Chocolate, in all its forms, is essential.

What’s your biggest source of inspiration (other than your family, etc.)?

I draw a lot of my inspiration from things I read or hear. Often, I'll just hear a certain phrase or offhand comment and I get a bug in my ear about it and start walking around hashing it out with myself for a day or so until I have a blog post in my head.

But I'm always looking for new sources of inspiration.

What do you hope to do this year that you’re really excited about?

Well. I don't know. And I think that's okay. I guess I am just hoping to find a direction. That's pretty darn exciting.

The rules:
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged him/her.

So, here are my 11 questions:

1. Why do you blog? What inspired you to start?
2. What are you proudest of in your life right now?
3. What trait do you admire most in others? Why?
4. If you could meet one "big" or "famous" blogger in real life, who would it be?
5. How do you balance blogging and social media with the rest of your life?
6. What is the biggest source of support in your life? How did you find it?
7. When you were a kid, what did you say you wanted to be when you grew up?
8. What would you do for fun or self care, if you could do anything you wanted?
9. If you could bring just one book with you to a desert island, what book would it be?
10. Do you prefer cake or pie?
11. What is your favorite word? Why?

And I am tagging (without any pressure) (much)

Becky at Just breathe
Jamie at James and Jax
Charity at Giggles and Grimaces
Lindsay at Lil Love and Luck
Susan at Learned Happiness
Jenn at Fox in the City
Jamie at Am I really a grownup?
Sandy at Not Just the Blues
Imperfect Momma at Really, I'm a Mom?
Jenn at So this is love

And I'm tagging Jenny. For whenever she gets her blog set up. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag. I will be back to do this later today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangit, you tagged everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha. I didn't think I could think of 11 people Robin hadn't tagged, but I managed it in the end. I hope you'll answer anyway, even if you can't follow all the rules.

      Delete
  3. As I said, I love a challenge & I love questions that make me think! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No hiding. :)

    Love this and love you. Absolutely agree about your superpower and it's a great one to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesome super power, one that is sorely lacking in the world.

    Thank you for the sweet compliment. That just made my heart so incredibly happy.

    ReplyDelete