Monday, August 8, 2011

Life Lessons:The graduates

Life With Baby Donut

  1. Baby Girl and I are officially Baby Swim graduates. No applause necessary.
  2. I’m actually very proud of us, considering how we started. We have come a long way.
  3. We have come a long way in a lot of things actually. We’re doing pretty okay.
  4. Which isn’t to say we don’t still have bad days. We so do. Both of us. Bad.
  5. And we’re still not sleeping. I think we’re sleeping less.
  6. But, despite all that, I’m really starting to think we’re going to be okay. That I don’t suck at this mom thing. And she doesn’t suck at the baby thing.
  7. Just in time because she’s almost not a baby anymore. (Sob!)
  8. Speaking of bad days, my dentist suggested I let her chew on a frozen washcloth when her teeth hurt since she isn’t crazy about teethers. She looked at me like I was insane.
  9. Someone else suggested I give her a bowl of water to play with while I was washing dishes, so she’d think she was helping. It took her 3.2 seconds to dump it on the floor.
  10. I think I’m going to stop listening to suggestions for a while.
  11. But anyway, what was I talking about?
  12. Oh yeah, so we graduated from swim class. Baby Girl is practically drown proof.
  13. I’m getting there, too, sweetie. I’m getting there.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for graduating!! That is a huge accomplishment that you should be proud about. I tried the frozen washcloth too and Donut was all umnothanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduating! :)

    I SO want to do swim lessons with Jax. I just need some cash first!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that your #6. A bowl of water to play in? Hmmm, never heard of that, oh yeah, that's what our dog's water bowl is...it now permanently lives on the basement steps.

    You are doing fine mama. I have not heard you say anything that causes me any doubt that you are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on graduating! And a bowl of water to play in? That spells disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great. And yay for graduating!

    xo

    ReplyDelete