Monday, August 15, 2011

Life's Lessons: The house guests edition

Life With Baby Donut


I will not be talking about my baby's sleep today because it's bad luck. (Take from that what you will. I sure didn't say anything.)

I *may* be talking about my own sleep a little though.

  1. When you have out of town guests coming, and you've saved all the cleaning for naptime, don't lie down with the baby "just for a minute."
  2. Staying up until midnight talking to said guests? So not as fun as it was 10 years ago.
  3. Real friends won't notice the dishes in your sink. Or if they do, they won't say anything.
  4. Coming up with ways to entertain yourself and your friends is much harder when everyone has babies.
  5. Apparently? I pack light and am an easygoing traveler. Because I don't bring every single item of baby gear with me everywhere I go.
  6. On a related note? In case I haven't said it lately? Breastfeeding is awesome. Because I totally bring those everywhere.
  7. Speaking of which, DH was home with the baby last night while I tutored. She screamed and fussed and tore his eyes out the whole time.
  8. When I got home and nursed her to calm her down, he said to me, "I don't understand why you don't just leave her on there all the time."
  9. Umm, yeah, sweetie. Thanks.
  10. I am starting to think having a baby has made me a bit of an oversharer.
  11. I can't even blame the sleeplessness for my loopiness anymore because I slept last night.
  12. I said *I* slept last night, people. That's all I said. Nothing to see here. Move along.

4 comments:

  1. Why is it that once we become moms, we talk about sleep until they are about 10 (or 18, whatevs)? None of us are getting enough and some of us can only *sometimes* blame it on the children (ahem, not that I would know from personal experience or anything.). Glad *you* got some sleep last night!

    And I also think becoming a mommy also makes you become an oversharer. At least, it has worked that way with me and all my friends (would you like to know about my kid's poop?).

    Love your hubs comment about leaving her on your boobs all the time! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you say about sleep? Oh, never mind, you didn't say anything at all. Anywho...

    I love that you left BG with your husband. Good for you. Even if she clawed at his eyes. I snickered at that. Not that I want our children to torture their daddies or anything. Or maybe I do. Shh, don't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rule #1: Never talk about sleeping babies! You'll absolutely jinx yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over-sharing rocks. How else are we going to survive motherhood without going crazy?
    (brought to you by the author of posts with titles such as "not the only freak in town" and "Is UTI TMI?")

    And I say your nap trumps cleaning even if the queen is visiting.
    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete