Friday, August 19, 2011

Life's Lessons: Things I can't control

Life With Baby Donut


It's time for more life lessons. I know my life lessons are usually witty, but this week I'm feeling quieter, and hopefully a little wise.

  1. When I am at work, and Baby is with daddy, I am not in control.
  2. And that's okay.
  3. The two of them can work things out. Really. And I need to let them.
  4. I also can't control the traffic, or the fact that last night it took me an hour and a half to go 10 miles.
  5. Sometimes I get angry when I can't control things. And that's okay. Because, duh.
  6. Even when I'm angry, I need to be kind.
  7. Because kindness? Is everything.
  8. I think I am starting to see what it is that I want to do, what it is that matters to me. And I don't know if I can do it. But since I've started to see it, I've been happier and calmer.
  9. This blog does me a world of good. Not because of pageviews, not because of money (which really, I never meant to be the point), not because of awards, but because of me. And mostly because of you.
  10. You guys? Are awesome. Thank you for listening to me whine, for your DMs and emails, for cheering me on all the time.
  11. All I can control, really, is what I do here. What happens to it after, is out of my hands.
  12. And you know? That's okay too.

8 comments:

  1. I hear you on the control thing- and thank goodness for blog/ Facebook/ Twitter support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Control is really hard. I so get that. It's nice to have it, it's even nicer to learn when to let go.

    We're always here for you. But you know that already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you! On all of those things! And kindness...is everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sense of calm that comes through in this post. I'm a control freak, so I know how hard that is.

    And whatever you want to do, you can do it. Really and truly. You can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved the honesty that reflected in each of those points :)
    Thank you for hopping over to my blog and showing me way to your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you. I get so angry when I run into things I can't control, but you always have to remember not to let it get to you. Kindness is definitely everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Control is hard to give up, but really, it's so much better when you do. But I still struggle with it. :(

    And this was a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete