Saturday, August 27, 2011

Life's Lessons: Scary things

Life With Baby Donut


  1. Hurricanes? Are scary.

  2. But I've been through several, so I have great advice.

  3. Make sure you have lots of water in the house. And your flashlight batteries charged. And cookies. So many cookies.

  4. And if you have to evacuate, do it. Think of it as a slumber party.

  5. And then, wherever you are, breathe. It will be okay. Even though it's scary. I know.

  6. Speaking of breathing, I need to do that more.

  7. And face my fears. Which, umm, you may have heard about.

  8. Because really? In the end, that's how you beat them.

  9. When you list everything you're afraid of, suddenly it becomes clear which things don't matter.

  10. And which things really do.

  11. I want to do work that matters.

  12. And surround myself with people who feel the same way.

  13. And stop worrying about the people who don't.

  14. So thank you all, again, for your kind comments the other day. You all make my list.

  15. And that? Makes life less scary.

6 comments:

  1. Living on the West Coast, I've never experienced a Hurricane so I would no doubt be freaked out. But cookies, lots and lots of cookies would definitely help me out!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been through a hurricane, but I live in tornado alley so we've been through some scary weather.

    Always good to surround yourself with healthy, supportive people. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first hurricane that I've ever dealt with and it was quite frightening.

    Surround yourself with those who support you. We're all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice. :) Hugs to you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have hurricanes, and our tornadoes are rare, earthquakes are far removed...all we have is snow, lots of snow. I have realized we live in a great state, though I will still complain about the snow a few months from now.

    ReplyDelete